International Student Symposium
Hmmm.... A boring yet interesting symposium..... It is interesting for those who are interested in politics.... Because the topics discussed are like: ' Same old politics in a new world', 'Riding on the global ecomical order', 'US asian foreign policy in the bush administration' etc....
It is very boring for me and my friends who are not at all interested in politics. We even 'run away' from the symposium on the first day to shop.... Somemore I'm under-dressed, those from the NUS were all wearing formal wear.... Haiz, but those from Poly were wearing rather casually, some even in only a T-shirt and jeans plus slippers!!! At least I'm not that bad har?
Well then the next day only me and one of my poly friend turn up for the symposium. I was sort of prepared, I try to dress in the most formal way I could and this time, I'm quite OVER-DRESSED!!! Haiz... Now this time the majority dont really bother to dress up. But at least I fit in there.... Those the topics on that day dont interest me at all but the speakers made it interesting.... At leastm, they suceeded to grab my attention..... Then followed by the closing lunch. As we skipped that the previous day, we did not know what to expect. I was shocked to find that we were to be served like in a high class hotel, just like in wedding dinner in restaurants..... And what worse is that we were sitting with a group of Philippines university graduates and 1 from Shanghai, now currently studying in NUS, medical science. He is currently taking his 2nd masters. Oh man, and the others were presidents of their various courses and we two were just nobodies. Feel so awkward and small and out of place there. But they were very social able and very friendly. We took photos(i hate that) and we exchanged emails addresses... Hope we can still keep in contact after they return to philppiness on monday.