Culprit or Victim?
Christmas Eve... Went to work in a cheery and merry Christmas mood but well... It's isn't peaceful and merry. I felt so shity at the end of the day.
200 handphones failed at the call test due to escaping in functional. And who caused it??? The sub-cons... And whose fault is that??? Mine... There are 3 CQA reports all caused by the sub-cons and all those defects are obvious. To think they can't detect it!!! And whose fault is that??? Mine... NC department reported a daily high volume of scraps in the housing. After some tracking, it's the sub-cons once more. My fault again... They are in a training period and what do you expect??? They wrote down the wrong defects for the failures. My fault again... Gave them the list of defects but did they follow??? No... The functional output data were not filled up correctly and it's also my fault. I had taught them and they had understood it. I'm sure. It's just that they anyhow fill in the forms as they were rushing to go back. Had a talk with my engineer and he feedback to the management of the sub-con. Well, the management came down had a look and scolded the GL. Today, the figures don't tally again. I was fed-up and was trying to help them to get the figures right. But well, the manager came down and saw this and he reprimand the GL. She was crying so bitterly right there at the production line after the manger left. She was saying that she shouldn't leave China and come here to work; I shouldn't help them to tally the figures. But when the figures don't tally, it's my fault. I got my responsibility... They were all saying that's it my fault. Is the crying an act?? I'm not sure but I'm now perceived as a big bully... She, as a GL, she got her responsibility as well. How can I, an outsider, do anything when she can't lead her team??? A leader controlled by her operators... I can only tell her the problems and offered some suggestions and she have to make the decisions. But, she did not do anything about it... Anything that went wrong, it's my entire fault and I'm the first to get the blame because I didn't train them well...