My life during this break is filled with a couple of surprises... Got a call from Joan, my ex-boss. Asked me out for coffee session. She said that she wanted some comments, advises... From me? What can I suggest? Well, met up with her anyway. She was babbling about her work and stress. I could understand her stress at some point. But being under her then, I couldnt help but being biased? Somehow or another, I feel that her stress couldnt be compared to her subordinates. Gave her my very honest feelings and some advise. Held back on her character wise, I tried hard to... It's about work, not about her character. Though her character is really one put-off and it does make work difficult for us. But perhaps I was too blunt? Her face totally changed pale and sort of twisted. Guess she wanted to kill me then? I could see the hatred. She left in a anger but I just thought that she really need to know what's she lacking. Else it's her subordinates who's suffering more. She initally wanted me to go back but there's no turning back for me. I doubt my own capability and perhaps hers as well... I couldnt control my team then, and now, I doubt so too... There's too much changes since I left. For the better or for the worse, I have no idea. But I know for sure, that if I do go back, there's a mountain of work left to be done and lots of factors hindering the progress of completing it. Poor Lingz who's stuck there. Didnt get any chance to chat with her, be it on msn or via phone. She's way too busy. She couldnt leave due to her studies. But she's strong and I'm sure she can manage all through that. We might not be friends nor enemies but at least we were partners at work. Hope Joan will think over it and improve.
************************************************************************************
Met up with Cat in the late evening for dinner on friday. Congrates to her that she got her promotion. Thanks for the treat. Chatting for hours before going home. Though out of the engineering area, she's doing great now. Lower pay, longer working hours but guess what matters is that her hard work is recognised and she's happy working there. As for me, it really set me thinking. 2 years after graduation and I'm still nothing. Seems that all my friends are doing well. Some promoted, some fighting for promotion, some graduated and looking for jobs, some in their last year of studies, some ORD soon... But what am I doing? Still slacking and be a bother, a nuisance to the family, the society? I'm worried that I'll be like my cousins, having to stretch out my hand for money, slacking at home while their parents had to work their heart out for money.