Surprises... Was rather surprise that Veon had upgraded her status and is now a mummy... Is she's still that hot, sexy and friendly? How her baby girl look like? How the others getting along there? Heard that there's not many still working there. But who's still here? And where are the others? I can only get to know if I go for the gathering. Ah Goh and AH EEr's happily married now, Li's baby girl is about 2 years old now. Past suppliers and bosses switching jobs all over Spore. Purchasers switching to be suppliers... How I get know about all these? Through emails... 'Office People' loves sending emails... A form of black and white and no point using the phone as it simply wont stop ringing. Their whole conversations is through emails, hence my mailbox is kind of flooded with the same subject title now. Reminds me of the old days when I'm still working there. Excluding all those forwarded mails, i can easily receive 100-200 emails per day, reminders of new received emails popping up every few few minutes, everyday reading proposals, organise them, replying, following up, getting approvals, before keying into the system at the same time allocating the stocks down to the stores, checking, photocopy before settling all the paper work before passing to admin dept, lastly filing... All these to be rushed at least a few weeks before a promotion begins. And the cycle continues for the next promotion. Hence I hate taking off days. My PC would took minutes just to receive the emails and I cant do anything on my PC. And I'll panic because just 1 day my workload will be doubled. Fast-moving, heavy-loaded and forever changing environment. That's explains why we always have lots of uncleared leave left to be forfited at the end of the year. I love taking half-day leave instead. At least to clear some of my stuffs, lighten the next day load before enjoying myself.
Looking back I cant help but smile at the days then... Working as a office girl, almost a must to 'doll' up everyday, walking like a horse in high heels with all the clicking sound, being 'scanned' from top to toes by some bit*chs the first thing in the morning, all the politics going around, tonnes of typing, facing the computer during all my working hours, working unpaid ot even on sat... Who says office job is easy? Beside the work itself I have to learn how to 'tackle' people, learnt to twist and turn my words, putting on a mask to work and deal with all the politics. All these, I learnt a lot of things during that year plus there. Imagine I couldnt operate the fax machine and I can only do simple photocopying which is not enough when I first stepped in. Being exposed in that environment, to all kinds of people, I slowly became more confident of my working abilities, feel more comfortable to be able to talk with strangers, learn how to drink, manage to grab a skills or two in seeing people's character and attitude in work and to read in-between-the-lines. But be at retailing or my previous job in engineering, I've learnt a lot and I really appreciate all the people who help me along the way be it through the good or bad ways.
For the better or the worse, the past working experiences groom me into who I am today.