An 84-year-old Eurasian man died from dengue, making it the sixth death from the disease this year. The dengue craze plus my symptoms might be the reason why the doctor suspected that I got dengue instead of flu. Got a scare... Counting my blessings that I got flu instead of dengue. *phew* Feeling so terrible that I went to the doctor plus kind of worried that I might burn my brain when panadol dont really seems to help much. Cant remember that I felt that horrible when I had fever then. Yes, I'm so much better now, at least I'm no longer having the chills and fever's gone, having lot of rest and water now...
The symptoms of influenza (flu) appear suddenly and often include:
- Fever
- Body aches and muscle pain (often severe), commonly in the back, arms, or legs.
- Headache.
- Pain when you move your eyes.
- Fatigue, a general feeling of sickness (malaise), and loss of appetite.
- A dry cough, runny nose, and dry or sore throat.
The classic symptoms of Dengue Fever
- High fever, that may last from 5 to 7 days
- Severe intense headache
- Retro-orbital (behind the eye) pain
- Severe joint and muscle pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Rash