After tutorial class today, I went for lunch alone at AMK. So, after a quick lunch, decided to do some window shopping. Planned to get a bag but ended up spending money on clothes instead. Was just walking around, looking for bags that might caught my attention. None did... So, thought of looking at clothes instead. Walked into York, and I was stuck in that boutique. Usually, I dont really like the clothes there, find it rather auntie-ish. Another reason is because of the expensive price range. But I used to get a couple of office-wear there, coz they offer super large sizes. For my size, it is rare that I could get clothes that I am able to fit in, what's more, to like it... Cant really afford to be picky for someone of my size.
Was thinking of playing around to mix and match the clothes in there, just to spend some time and there's no need to pay for trying on clothes. Nothing really caught my eye in there... Saw a poka-dot dress and a cropped jacket, so decided to try and match. Usually I'll simply give dress a miss. Feel I'll look 5 months pregant in dresses, and plus the poka-dots, it'll just make me look rounder. But no harm trying, I thought... Tried it and it's nice actually... It's nice with a retro touch but I find it a bit too feminine, too lady and matured for me actually... Came out with it and requested for a size smaller for the cropped jacket. Perhaps the sale personals there are really good at 'curry-flavouring'. Was told that I look good in it. She even match another set as a display set. Customer X who's at next cubical requested to try the same outfit too. Received comments from them and I really blushed. I felt so flattered and embarrassed at the same time...
Perhaps it's due to the flatterings, or I was really thinking of having a change in dressing style. I actually thought of buying and in fact had a very tough time deciding if I should just buy or not and I spend a long time being stuck there. Actually was rather pleased with the service there. The sale personal didnt 'force' me to buy, not really pushy and rather friendly too. So.. I ending up getting 2 dresses and the cropped jacket. I even went to alter 1 of the dress... Hope it'll give a cuter and younger feel to it. Pray it'll turn out as what I've imagined it to be.... I'm too impulsive... Getting the dresses on impluse, alter on impluse etc... I tend to be able to control my shopping spendings when I'm shopping with friends. Ought to go with friends instead... At least I'll get some really honest comments. Now... It's all too late... Using the dresses as a motivation for losing weight. Might be wearing it for Chinese New Year, though I dont really go visiting... Yup yup... Lose weight, lose weight!!!
Oh gosh... I bought those on impulse i guess, wonder if I'll really wear it. Oh my.. I really spend a bomb on these and begining to regret. The style is so different... I feel so safe and comfortable in my uniform of tees and jeans to find the courage to really wear the dresses or even a change in dressing style. Always felt that I'll look funny and strange, too old and matured when I try to leave my comfort zone of tees and jeans. Those clothes might just be left in the cupboard and collect dust... Things might be different if I'm slim. At least I'll have more confidence in myself... Plus, health will improve, I might be looking better, etc.... Did managed to lose a bit for Wan's wedding which is next week but still... Cant see any results. So... I need to work HARDER!!!