I'm here to blog again. This time to complain.... Ok, I'm actually a person who got a low level for tolerating mistakes and flaws. For big and established company like singtel, singnet, I expect 110% or even the just acceptable 100% service from them. But sad to say.... They failed my expectations.
Ok, let's start with singnet... I re-contract my broadband service via online and I'm sure that I went through all the procedure and it's 'successful'. I even print out the confirmation slip. Hence, I was waiting for my modem and freebies during the expected delivery date. After waiting in vain, I called the customer service line. Went through the slow and horrible procedure of pressing the numbers after each and every instructions before able to talk to an operator about this. And... After minutes of waiting, for the operator to check up the application... Was told that my online application was not captured. Hence I had to reapply. Fine, and so I applied via phone through the operator. But while half-way through, when the operator asked me if I'm "Mr SohXX" and I simply said "NO, I'm not, that's my dad" and the telephone line simply went dead, meaning, that idiotic operator hang up on me!!! In the first place, do I really sound masculine that I sound like a man so much?? And why didn't the operator verify in the first place? Lastly, it's totally unacceptable to hang up on me. That's simply RUDE!!!! What kind of service is this??? Wanted to call up and complain, but was giving that operator the benefit of doubt thinking that he might just accidently hang up. Anyway, I called up again and was told that they have to talk to the subscriber and verify if he/she agreed on the re-contract. That's why even if I have all the details including my dad's IC, I couldnt re-contract on behalf of my dad. Hence, I called again in the evening and this time with my dad stationed besides me. And all my dad had to do was to say, '"Yes, I'm Mr Soh XX" and that's done for his part. I just couldnt understand, if verifying whether the subscriber agreed to the re-contract was so important, why have the online application? There's isnt a need for that when I did online application. Anyway, guess the operator could sense my impatient and angry tone and so the service was much better.
Another unpleasant case... I called up singtel to make some changes to my mobile plan on tuesday and was rather pleased with the service I got. But I was wrong! I wanted to cancel my voicemail service and autoroam service and subscribe to pay-as-you-roam instead. Kept receiving unknown phone calls on Wednesday and I starting to have doubts. Upon calling the customer service line again, it confirmed my doubts. Yes, that previous dear operator cancelled my Caller ID service as well! To think that I verified with the operator again before hanging up when I first called. Now, I got this! Luckily, this operator managed to pacify me by offering to activate the Caller ID service within 3 hours instead of the usual 1 day and she sounds apologetic. So, we'll see... If they managed to keep to their promise... But I'll start to think if I ought to continue to be their loyal customer.
*been posting in english as my 'new' laptop cant have chinese input yet*