Finally received a call again in the evening asking me to start work on this coming monday... But it's a super lowly paid job which after deducting CPF, I'm only left with less than a thousand... Plus it's on a month by month renewal basis. So... Meaning that they can just say goodbye to me anytime when they dont need me. Such insecurity... The HR personal who called said that she'll be requesting for a either 3 months or 6 months contract for me. That is however, subjected to her boss approval.... So currently will be waiting for her call again tomorrow[hopefully, coz the last time she said she'll call me the next week, she took nearly 3 weeks to call]
But I'm in a dilemma... Cause I'm having interviews coming up next week. So, if I take up the first job on a first come first serve basis, am I missing a very good chance for a better job offer? Seems that today is a good day? After sending so many resumes, I got a couple of responses today from the companies and recruitment centers... Hardly get so many calls in a day... In fact, my phone keep ringing today.... I'm still waiting for a few more interviews to be fixed. On hand only 2 interviews confirmed next week. But like I say, if I take on that job, I'll have to turn down all those interviews.... I'm getting really tired of interviews.... Perhaps I should just take a step at a time, dont take the risk, grab that first job offer. Never mind if the location is far, the pay is terrible and never mind that I'll have to be dressed in office wear again.... Should I? Or take the risk and go for a better paying job? I guess I'll try and see if I'm able to shift the interviews to this week, which only left me with tomorrow and friday. And hopefully, I'm being selected the better paying job, and better still, offer me the job on that spot. All these have to happen before the first company call me up for confirmation for my employment. The possibility is real low... I'm praying.... So that I dont need to go for the lower paying job... By the way, I was offered a non-engineering job, it's an admin job. Guess I'm really terrible at hands-on... That why I cant get a job in engineering...
I'm reminded of a question that my friend once asked me.
"There are two treasure boxes, one is open with 50 dollars, one is locked with uncertain amount of money. Which will you choose?"No cheating and choosing of both, life is not that sweet and easy.
For me, I'll choose the one locked... It's a risk to take, a risk that I might be having a hard time opening that box, might have to pay to break that lock and ended with it being empty and ended up with a losing end. But I might be having a chance of having a larger sum of money inside isnt it? I'm willing to take that risk. But I'm sure some of my friends will be choosing the open box with the 50 bucks in there. At least I know for certain that my parents will. They will take that 50 bucks and treat the whole family to a meal. Which will you choose?
*laughs* I do like this kind of questions... I did asked some of my friends this question:
"Will you choose to be a big fish in a small tank and to be the 'boss' of the tank or to be a small fish in a huge tank with bigger fishes all around." Which will you choose?