Do you believe that every cloud has a silver lining, and even the darkest
cloud have a silver lining hidden inside? Yes I do now......
Imagine going alone to the doctor, thinking that you just have a persistence
cough and fever for a flu then it turns for the worst (for a flu)... The doctor
refers to the hospital, saying that you have pneumonia and you need to go to
the hospital straight now and do a X-ray and maybe blood test... Afraid to let
your parents know, so you lied that you are going for work after the visit to
the clinic then go to the hospital alone... Imagine when you are alone and
scared.... The feeling while waiting alone to have a X-ray scan and sitting
there waiting for seemed-like hours and hours, using games on phone for
distraction, preventing your imagination from running wild.... Then you are
told that yes, you have pneumonia but it's a walking pneumonia (dono why he
told mi that... might be I heard wrongly.....) and dont worry, it's not those
that you need to be hospitalise but you need ample rest, antibiotics, stay away
from crowd, drink more water and keep warm. It can become a problem in someone
with asthma like you, so you need to ensure that you rest enough and the virus
should be cleared in
around
1-2 weeks. Come back immediately if you are
having asthma attacks or you still having the fever in the next few days.
That's the silver lining I found yesterday.....
Now is only February and I truly learnt how to count my blessings. After 2 severe
asthma attacks which landed me in hospital and a few mild attacks, and the
recent pneumonia thingy.... I've learnt that every breath of fresh air is
precious.. I'm happy coz I felt alive. Yes, alive!!! Another round of antibiotics
and I'll be all good.. Hate antibiotics coz the pill itself is big, leaves a
horrible bitter taste in the mouth and gives me the runs…. But I’ll be good and
finish the medicines, rest lots and recover asap.. And to be quite frank, I am
scared of death and I’m scared that my lungs will refuse to take in the fresh
air, also I hate the feeling of struggling to breathe, being all lethargy, weak
and wooby…..
I’m always thinking and imagining too much, always thinking of the worst…
But I guess I cant help it….. I should be thankful for every single thing in my
life, either good or bad… It really doesn’t take a lot for me to be happy, I’ve
realised….. I find that as I get older, I crave for the simple things in life……
I am Blessed.....