Just enjoy talking everything and anything with friends under the sun with ease. Glad to do that on the last day of 2013 despite the lousy coffee and suay-ness today. Last minute met up with Liang and enjoyed the chit-chat session at Just Want Coffee (I think that's the name or Just Coffee?).. Despite the name of café, the coffee don't really makes me ask for more. Kinda disappointed in the coffee but the food isn't that bad thou. Wont really go back there again but it's still not a bad place to hang out thou.... Initially want to meet at Kate Spade Cakes but it was closed.... Maybe I should take a half day leave and hang out there with friend(s) who is(are) willing to take leave and hang out with me in 2014. =)
It's the last day of the year. It always makes me feel a little nostalgic. How time pass so fast and where did all that time go? Nevertheless, I like this time of the year because it allows me to reflect, and to create goals and plans for an even better year.
For me, 2013 was a year of sickness. Common flu, frequent headaches, asthma attacks, skin allergy attacks, walking pneumonia, gastric ulcers, pyogenic granuloma thingy. I got sick a lot of times, seeing the doctor more than I meet up with my friends, I utilized my MC and my medical entitlements blah blah blah..... Hence, I struggled a bit more this year with the increased in my medical bills too.... I got minor surgeries and got admitted into the hospital for more than once..... There were days when my asthma attacks were so severe that I thought I might just left this world just like that..... This is also the year when I started on long term medication for my chronic conditions....
On a happier thought, I began to babysit and kinda loving it.... Not to mention that I had a additional source of income in 2013.. Hahaha.... But I got better in interacting with kids actually... Though I still find them way way way too noisy at times. Abit sad that coming 2014, there wont be many chances for me to babysit thou since the kids are going to have to spend more time with their dad... But I was assured that I can always pop over to visit or to meet them anytime I wish since now we are staying so near.
Guess around the end of 2012, I got into beading and that passion sort of spread into 2013 as well.... Cutting down on sketching and photography, I got more into using my hands and fingers for crafting and beading to be exact. I started to explore the different kind of beads. At least now I know what is a bicone bead and the difference between a crystal bead and plastic bead etc. =) Enjoying the crafting process since crafting is therapeutic for me though I get too easily frustrated when it dont turn out well or as well I expected it to be. Anyway, I believed that a little DIY and crafting can relax me.. And DIY always have that special significant and individual signature.
Got my first kindle in August after so So SO many years and I'm still excited over it now. Well, not as excited when I first got it but I'm reading more now. Reading on the go and sometimes before I sleep for the day. Spend quite abit on purchasing Ebooks but it's still more space-saving and economically friendlier than purchasing physical books. Thou I do still love holding and smelling the fresh new prints of books but I'm happy with my kindle for practical reasons.
As for my Ipad...... I had fully paid Ray back for the cost of it like early this year and I'm so proud of myself. Slowly but surely, I had paid it off and this Ipad is officially mine. Too silly and ego-too-overwhelmed maybe... Hahaha.... But still I love my Ipad despite it being abit too heavy. Regretted giving my brand new Ipad mini which I won in last year D&D to my bro, coz Ipad mini is definitely much more portable. Too late for regrets anyway since I'm not able to get it back already.. Boo.... Ipad and my Kindle is my point of entertainment as I hardly wish to touch my laptop after a hard day of work... Laptop is mainly for weekends.... Oh ya, speaking of which I bought this in 2013 as well... But I'm not that pleased with Window 8 as I do believe that it's giving me more problems instead! I got this hunch that my poor Toshiba's specs is not able to keep up with it.... I'm not that IT savvy so it's just a hunch since I lack the knowledge. =X
In a nut shell, 2013 was busy being sick, babysit, work and into simple DIY stuffs, beading and reading.... I haven been able to clear my debts yet coz expenses went up.. My expenses for this year was spend on family expenses, my personal entertainment(Kindle, laptop and paying off Ipad) and medical expenses for the whole family. Struggling both physically and financially but I had made it through! More personal growth I guess.. After being all sickly and "almost" die, I'm now more appreciative of all the little things in life and definably able to count my blessings more often.
Here's looking forward to 2014 and I've got a ambitious list in my mind for 2014, and I can't wait to see what I can do within another year. I did thought a lot of what I wish to achieve and of course the list got longer and longer.... Well, instead of listing and not achieving by the end of the year, now I want to aim to achieve it and hence making smaller and more achievable longer list than having a massive and harder to achieve list is the way I guess. This post is so long that I'll have to be writing another post on what I wish to achieve in 2014. Basically and more importantly in 2014, I wish and need to get my health condition up. This will be on the top of my list. No matter what happens in 2014 or in the future, I will savour it and learn along the process, no matter how long it takes. I've long learn that though the results is important, enjoying and embracing the journey is even more important. =) Cheers and Here's to 2014!!! And may the flu virus be gone soon!!! Faster recover~~!!!